The wiki consolidation project is finally completed. What’s been done? Here’s a run-down of everything that’s happened:
- Unused wikis have been removed: BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, Hokuto no Ken, Under Night In/Birth, and Touhou Hisouten Soku. For the first two games, please visit Dustloop for their new wikis. UNIB will receive a wiki if the game ever has an accessible console port; Soku has long since moved off Mizuumi.
- All the remaining wikis are now unified under wiki.mizuumi.net. This central domain allows a single login to edit any page for any game, with no sidebar edit required. This is convenient for the user as well as administration to track changes and make any necessary updates.
- Every wiki is now properly classified, with pages sub-categorized as appropriate for maximum navigational capability. Every page was manually ported over, which means edit history is lost, but all pages have been cross-checked for content and broken internal links (but not necessarily external ones).
- You will need to reregister an account in order to edit the new wiki. Accounts take 24 hours to auto-confirm; this is only required for page creation, not page editing.
- A number of stealth optimizations and tweaks have been made for increased responsiveness and lower load times.
This wiki will be located at http://unib.mizuumi.net, with an alternate comedy URL which you may figure out in time. There is no content here that has not already been seen, and obviously nothing will be done on this wiki for quite some time. We shall see where this game goes, or if this particular experiment will ever take off in due time.
As you probably all know by now, Ecole has finally made two major announcements in regards to their fighting game franchises.
The first is the unveiling of their new franchise, unfortunately titled “Under Night/In-Birth”.
There has been much speculation on this game, which we will leave to the various forum threads on Shoryuken, MeltyBread, Dustloop, HomingCancel, and so forth. Per usual, Mizuumi will eventually host a wiki for this game once we have more information to work off of. If anyone out there has suggestions on the least laughable name for the sub-domain, feel free to suggest them.
The other bit of news is that Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code will be receiving another upgrade in Spring, featuring two new characters. One is confirmed to be Powered Ciel, one of the original Melty Blood boss characters, while the other has not been revealed. Speculation runs rampant on forums in the meanwhile.
This past month has been a slow time for articles since the majority of the Mizuumi-related communities are playing Arcana Heart 3. In the future, there should be some gameplay discussion topics brought up on the front page once people are familiar enough with the game to write for it.
As a part of continually improving Mizuumi, the wikis have been reskinned once more for a cleaner look and better navigation functionality. Most of the reasoning behind this was due to the upcoming release of Arcana Heart 3, which features completely unintuitive names for its Arcanas. These have been reclassified into much easier to understand nicknames such as “Fire”, “Ice”, and so on, and every wiki has collapsible menus that keep the sidebar neat. Please enjoy these new features.
On another note, I’d like to thank everyone for their support this year You guys helped make Mizuumi what it is now, and things are only going to get better from here on out. Coming up, we have the Umineko doujin fighter, Ougon Musou Kyoku, followed in less than two weeks by Arcana Heart 3 (check out the new forum). There’s also the ongoing doujin 2.5D franchise Hinokakera – Chaotic Eclipse –, if you’re so inclined to look it up. From one airdash to the next, let’s look forward to another year of great gaming!